Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

#covid19#Lockdowncookingtrials# Chilli Bread



We are really not snack people. We prefer main meals. When children left and we are alone we prefer light snacks like biscuits or rusk. Any snack item we make shall go for dinner. Chilli bread we made for dinner. So also I myself took it as a challenge to make snacks in connection with Holy Ramdan fast. My husband agreed, it is going on with new recipes and with available ingredients. Skipping some ingredients substituting the available ones. It is coming out nice as per the comments of my husband and the neighbor tasters. Thank dear neighbors ❤️
Got some leftover bread in the refrigerator. Recollecting bread upma I finalised with Chilli bread. I prefer capsicum in this dish to make it veggie balanced.
Ingredients 
Bread slices 8, cut into small cubes,
Onion large 1, cubed,
Tomato large 1, cubed,
Ginger 1 inch piece, finely chopped,
Garlic 4 cloves, finely chopped,
Green chilli 4, silted,
Salt to taste,
Kashmir chilli powder 1/2 tsp.,
Coconut oil 1 tbsp.,
Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp., ( I used Sriracha sauce)
Curd 1 tbsp.,
Chopped cilantro 2 tbsp.
Preparation 
Heat a shallow pan, drop in the bread cubes, dry fry a little for about 5 minutes. Keep aside.
Heat the oil, drop in onion, ginger and garlic, sauté till tender. Add tomato, salt, sauté till tender. Add chilli powder and green chilli. Mix well. Add curd and chilli sauce. Again mix well, add bread cubes and cilantro, combine well without breaking the bread cubes. Delicious chilli bread ready. Can serve as snack or dinner ❤️
Summer shower was too heavy today. No electricity for about two hours. Sorry for missing the step by step pictures. I can’t wait to share the recipe with my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment