Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Copra peanut dry chutney


Whenever I get copra love to make this chutney. Good with idly, dosa, dhokla, chapatti, appam. Very good to to take  while travelling with your own food. 
I had come across this copra chutney in 2014 in our train trip from Mumbai back home. Befriended with a couple settled in Mumbai visiting home town. We had this chutney while sharing food. She made it with copra. Back home I had prepared and posted in my blog.  We were going to visit our daughter so that time I made from 5 coconut copra to take with us to USA. Everyone liked the chutney. 
This time I improvised my copra chutney with peanuts. We had it with dosa in addition to sambar. Yes it is good and delicious.
Ingredients 
Copra of two medium coconuts, cut into small pieces.
Dried red chilli 13, 
Fried peanuts 1/4 cup,
Garlic cloves 6, halved,
Tamarind a gooseberry size ball without seeds.
Curry leaf 2 sprigs.
Hing 1 tsp. (I forgot to put that in the pic)
Salt to taste.
Method of preparation 
Heat a nonstick pan drop in  the ingredients except peanuts, salt and hing. Dry fry till it turns light brown. Allow to cool add the rest of the ingredients and grind it to the chutney texture. Don’t make it fine. Then the oil starts coming out. Allow to cool and store in a air tight glass bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment