Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Monday, July 23, 2012

Vattalmulaku chammanthy(Dried red chilly chutney)

This is a nostalgic dish.During my hostel life at COA,Vellayani,this chutney
was our favourite dish which tempted me and my friends to have rice for dinner.
It was specially prepared for us.We named it "Aatmasakhi".From there onwards
this dish became favourite for my husband and children.Yesterday also no difference.
Prepared for a party as side dish for tapioca and became star.Hats off to 'Chellammakka'
who taught me the preparation.
  Dried red chilly 15,dry fry for 2 minuteS in low flame,shallots/red pearl onion a handful,
peeled and chopped,saute onion in a hot pan over low flame for 3-5mins .

 Crush sauted onions and fried chillies in a mortar or grind it in a blender/mixi.
 Tamarind concentrate 1/2tspn,salt to taste,coconut oil 1tblspn.
 Combine all the ingredients except oil,mix well , adjust salt,
add coconut oil,mix with a spoon.Excellent for tapioca ,and plain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment