Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sago pearls ( Sabudana/ Chowari) jaggery Kheer

Sago pearls are tapioca pearls. I had seen my mom used this sago balls to thicken the milk and jaggery kheer. In my younger age I was so keen to pick the shining eye like sago pearls from the Kheer and enjoy. Now even in my grandma stage I enjoy it. 
From my son in law’s mom I learned to prepare ‘kichdi’ a breakfast dish and vada (patties) an evening snack with sago pearls. I was so surprised to see the light milky desert with sago pearls after Thai lunch in a restaurant in USA. Back home I tried the dish and was very happy to see my grandkids love it.
From there I started to improvise dishes with sago pearls.
Today my husband’s birth-star. I love to prepare a sweet. Thus this sweet Kheer with sago pearls in jaggery came out. So delicious and great desert for a wonderful treat.


Ingredients 

Sago pearls 100g, wash it, soak it for 4 hours with enough water. 

If you are in a hurry you can soak it in boiled water and keep for half an hour. The balls will be crystal clear when it is done. If not while cooking take care to add jaggery after it turns crystal like.
Grated jaggery 1 cup, boil it in a little water, sieve it to remove the dirts if any in it. 
Cardamom 7, powder it with a tbsp. of sugar in a mixie,
Salt a pinch,
Cashew nut splits 12, 
Raisins 1 tbsp.,
Coconut milk thin 2 cups,
Coconut milk thick 1 cup,
Ghee 1 tbsp.
Preparation 
In a nonstick wok, pour in the thin coconut milk along with the soaked sago pearls, cook it in medium flame, stir continuously. In 7-10 minutes it will become completely cooked. Pour in the jaggery syrup and salt. Stir till it gets thick. Add the thick milk and allow to bubble in low flame. Heat the ghee in a pan, fry the cashews and raisins separately and pour into the Kheer. Sweet and delicious ‘Sago pearls jaggery Kheer’ ready. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment