Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Monday, August 10, 2020

Hibiscus flower beverage a healthy drink









In every homestead we can find a hibiscus plant with flowers. The leaves are crushed and used as a healthy natural shampoo conditioner. When I was young, used to eat the flower petals which was promoted by mom and granny. May be because off the benefits of the flowers it was allowed.The flowers are rich in antioxidants. It is anti inflammatory. Rich in vitamin C and iron. Keeps the skin glowing. Helps in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. Good for liver and heart health. Aids in digestion and promotes weight loss. 

This healthy herbal beverage is caffeine free. Sweeten the drink with jaggery instead of sugar. 

Preparation and Ingredients 

Collect the flowers flowers directly from the garden. Wash it and allow to drain. Remove the calyx and the pistil.

Jaggery grated 1/4 cup, water 4 cups, dried ginger powder 1 tsp., lime juice 4 tsp.

Boil the water, jaggery and ginger powder thoroughly. On stirring boil, add the petals. Off the flame. Allow to settle down for 15-20 minutes. Strain the drink into a jar. Add the lime juice. Mix well and serve. A great drink after a heavy meal. This flavoured herbal drink after a heavy meal gives a desert feel and helps in digestion. 

Ms Geetha Unni, my beautiful friend, inspired me in exploring this healthy drink with her hibiscus squash which I posted in my blog sumashealthyrecipes. blogspot.com. Thank you dear Geetha ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment