Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Monday, October 28, 2019

Amaranth flour steam cake ( Puttu)

This is the first time I am preparing puttu with amaranth flour. Usually we prepare rice, wheat and ragi puttu. Also I had made oats, corn, jack fruit seed , and semolina puttu. Here in San Antonio in our daughter’s pantry found amaranth flour. She told me you can use it as a substitute for rice flour. So I made puttu out of amaranth flour for dinner and it came out so good 😊 
Amaranth flour is gluten free and rich in protein, fibre and contains good source of health promoting antioxidants. It has vitamins B and E and also micronutrients of manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron. 
How to make the Amaranth flour Puttu 
Amaranth seed flour a cup, salt to taste, water to moist the flour to cook. 
Take the flour in a bowl, add salt, sprinkle water and moist the flour in a wet powder form.
Grated coconut a cup, take the puttu maker, fill quarter portion of the bowl with water and allow to boil. Take the puttu cylinder put 2tbsp. grated coconut followed by 6 tbsp. amaranth moist flour, then coconut, flour like that fill it and put on the bowl, allow to steam cook. When the steam is coming out nicely, take the puttu cylinder out and push out the puttu on a plate. For breakfast I prefer puttu to have with chickpea curry or banana and if for dinner I like to have it with chicken or goat curry.
Amaranth flour Puttu 
Puttu maker 


Chickpeas Spinach in coconut milk
A delicious curry for puttu 
Ch

No comments:

Post a Comment