Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Saturday, April 11, 2020

#Covid 19# Lockdown Special# Banana Ottada


Are your banana over ripen? Here is a tasty 😋 easy to cook recipe.
Why it is Ottada. Earthen cookware when translates to malayalam it means odu pathram ( ഓട് പാത്രം). This can be make on a skillet, griddle or on a nonstick tawa. You can call it simply as Phazham ada. Here since I made it on an earthen tawa I love to call as 
Pazham Ottada. Lockdown gave me enough time to take out my rarely used earthen cookwares.
Ottada recipe is in my blog which was posted long back.
Ingredients
Robusta banana 3, wheat flour 1 cup, cumin powder 1/3tsp., salt to taste, sugar 2 tbsp., ( you can substitute sugar with jaggery), grated coconut 1/2 cup and ghee 1 tsp.
Peel the banana, put it in a bowl, squeeze with your fingers and mash it nicely. Add all the other ingredients to it, mix and make a thick batter. Keep aside for five minutes. Heat your earthen tawa in low flame, put a handful of batter in the centre of the tawa, moist your fingers and circle it to the shape of a pancake. Close it with a lid. Cook for a minute. Flip the other side and and cook without closing. Serve for breakfast or brunch. Delicious 😋 Dear friends, please try and comment😍

No comments:

Post a Comment