Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sago balls ( sabudana/ചൗവ്വരി) Pradhaman

It’s delicious 😋 

This recipe is the first time in my life.
I always had a passion for sago balls.
We use to add a tbsp or two soaked sago balls in payasam/ pradhaman. The crystal like texture in the payasam gives me a special thrill to have it. 
After the marriage of my daughter, got new recipe of sago balls from her ‘Mil’. That were sago balls upma and sago balls patties.
That too I love. 
In USA 🇺🇸 we had a buffet lunch in a Chinese restaurant where I found sago balls milk drink with sugar. It was so nice to feel the bubbly feel in the mouth. With the special new taste, back home I improvised the recipe into sago balls palpayasam and sago balls pradhaman.
Here I am introducing sago balls pradhaman!
Ingredients 
Sago balls 1 cup, wash it and soak in 2 cups of water for 2-3 hours.
Grated jaggery 2 cups,
Coconut milk 4 cups,
Coconut bits 2 tbsp.,
Cashew bits 2 tbsp.,
Raisins 2 tbsp.,
Salt a pinch,
Ghee 3 tbsp.
Cook the sago balls in two cups of coconut milk.
Heat the jaggery in 1/4 cup of water and add into the cooked sago balls. Combine well, when starts bubbling, bring the flame to medium low. Stir occasionally. Fry the coconut, cashews and raisins separately. Keep aside. Add the balance ghee and coconut milk into the sago balls mix and add the salt. When it comes to a semi thick consistency, off the flame 🔥 and add the fried items into it. Pradhaman is ready to serve. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment